Foggy Recollection

Monday, September 13, 2004

Is This Me?

Xander: Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to anger. No, wait, hold on. Fear leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side. Hold on, no... First you get the women, then you get the money, then you... Okay, can we forget that?
Buffy: Thanks for the Dada-ist pep talk. I feel much more abstract now.

-Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Season 4 - The Freshman

You'll have to excuse the lack of any confirmation that I am still alive. Unfortunately as the world continues revolving, I have enter that state known only as "Beginning of School Year". I knew I entered this state when I started receiving 100 voice and e-mails everyday at work looking for help when it comes to where certain children should go for their special education instruction. It is so not worth the explanation... Quick summation. I get paperwork from people that says X child needs Y placement. I find Y placement at Z school. I call B Child Study Team member and tell them to send X child to Z school for Y placement and I follow it up with lovely form letter C. Now if a train leaves Chicago traveling at 55 miles an hour while a chicken lays eggs on the Brooklyn Bridge at 3 eggs every 2 hours, how long until my brain is scrambled and in New Mexico:

A. 1 day
B. 6 hours
C. 45 Degrees
D. The surface of the sun

Anyhoot.

I'm looking into absentee voting for this upcoming election. I'm going to be out of state and I'll be damned if my vote isn't going to be ignored like everyone else's. Is Spuds MacKenzie still a viable candidate? How about the lady on those bottles of St. Pauli's Girl beer? She looks like she knows politics. I'll just go with my first idea... Bicyclemark.

For those of you enjoying the mentions of my boy A-Ren (AKA Mr Wiggles), he is 4 months old today and currently is featuring two lovely front teeth that he enjoys jabbing into any fleshy piece of skin you present to him (my sincerest regrets to Jen who breastfeeds him).

Optruth continues to post some very interesting articles. Please give them a view and remember to hug a soldier when they come home. They have been through a horrible ordeal.

You'll have to excuse the randomness of my thought pattern. I'm suffering from work induced stress and I cannot focus on any one topic without feeling completely exhausted. I think I'll read this past Sunday's paper and see what is going on in the world.

*notices the icon for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on his desktop*

Or maybe not.


Latest Entertainment: Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic (PC) - Compared to me, Yoda was a nerf-herder.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home