Foggy Recollection

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Tough Times

Making the decision to have a child--It's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

It's a difficult time in the home. Jennifer, my wife, begins work tomorrow after a 3 1/2 month layoff taking care of A-Ren. So A-Ren will have his first day of daycare tomorrow. Needless to say it has been a very difficult week. Although, I have been working pretty much ever since he was born, this will be Jenn's first extended separation from Xander. It's been a week of depression and crying and I'm hoping getting the schedule of day care started will help ease some of these feelings.

Needless to say I've ignored the old RNC as much as possible. I have to give my brother, Mark, full credit. Mark is the increasingly loud political voice in my head. I've started watching TV news reports and news talks shows with a bit more cynicism. Spin control is my new favorite buzzword. To me its so interesting what one person derives from a speech while another person get a completely different translation. For instance, I was listening to an interview with Tim Russert on the Today Show (check out the video clips for for the interview with this guy and some interesting tidbits including John McCain's slam on Michael Moore) this morning as I got ready for work. He was describing Sen. John McCain's speech to the RNC last night. He spoke of how, although Sen. McCain is a good friend of John Kerry, he has taken the position of supporting his party and endorsing GWB.Now I'm getting pretty good of reading between the lines of political speeches. To me it sounded as if McCain was saying the bare minimum he could regarding GWB and leaving much up to the listener to translate what his statements meant. Someone like myself actually translated from his speech that he doesn't believe GWB has done the right thing by the American people with Iraq (nevermind the global population) and that he doesn't believe that GWB is a good leader. I'm hoping to find a full transcript of the speech so I can read exactly what he said.

In general I continue to be disappointed in both parties. This bullshit popularity contest of who can sling or deflect the most mud is ridiculous. I don't believe either of these fools can be a good president. Where are my other choices? Why do I only get A and B? Am I the only one who finds them both repellent (GWB more so)? Is anyone going to discuss actual issues? Do I give a flying fart if you were in injured in Vietnam? Do I care about your DUIs and coke habits? Can someone tell me about spending reform I the government and what will be done to control the rampant nepotism in today's US government? Shit man I'm writing in Al Snow for president. At least he'll admit he is just pretending to do a J.O.B.


Latest Entertainment- MXC - Most Extreme Elimination Challenge- Don't mock it. I love the fake gameshow approach. When I need a good laugh after a miserable day, this show never fails to succeed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home