Foggy Recollection

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Measuring life by medals

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide. - Mohandas Ghandi

Another weekend, and nothing is accomplished except for avid Olympic viewing. Even Mr. A-Ren digs the Olympics (he seems to like boxing and volleyball the best). I watched more table tennis, badminton, and trampoline than any one human should be forced to endure. Thank god for soccer and beach volleyball. Three cheers for the Iraqi team on their victory! Love the bicycle kick goal! Make sure you read the article on their views regarding Bush's use of their team for his own political spin.

An article in the local Star Ledger caught my eye today. Army National Guardsman Lt. Paul Rieckhoff, recently returned from Iraq, is starting up a website called Operation Truth which will launch Tuesday. The premise seems very interesting as he promises nonpartisan views of the conflict in Iraq, the effects as witnessed by soldiers stationed there, and the effects on soldiers' families back home. I'm looking forward to what he has to say.

If I read one more article regarding John Kerry's Vietnam exploits or non-exploits, I am going to wretch. More people are coming out of the woodwork trying to nailed down exactly what happened the day he "saved" the life of another soldier (giving him a bronze star) and got injured during combat (giving him his 3rd purple heart). So much attention and ink drawing away our attention from the facts of the upcoming election just to try and decipher what did or did not happen. Hey politicians! We don't give a rats ass about you record when you served. Can you please give me an idea of how you will assist our ever failing educational system?

My dumbass of the week award goes to the people who stole a priceless works of art by Edvard Munch in Norway. I hope it will look lovely on their wall as they take turns hanging it up in their homes right before the police catch them and lock them up for awhile.

On the fun end of things, I found this article on Freddy vs Jason vs Ash laying around the internet. If you are a fan of campy horror like I am, this could be our holy grail.

Gimmie some sugar baby!

Latest Entertainment: HellBoy (DVD) - Fun little action flick. Not deep or revealing... just fun.

1 Comments:

  • I like the whole stolen art world. Reminds me of those Muppets Movies where they always got into trouble with Jewel Thieves. I bet these guys got cool toys for glass cutting and stylish-retro handguns. Hooray for non-violent cultured crime!

    By Blogger Bicyclemark, at August 23, 2004 at 10:11:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home